Update for Canadian Travellers:.
Returning to Canada?
Effective November 21, 2020, travellers to Canada will be required to submit arrival information digitally. This is a significant step in stopping the spread of COVID-19 by sharing traveller information quickly and securely.
Pre-arrival to Canada:
– As of November 21, 2020, air travellers whose final destination is Canada will be required to submit their information electronically through ArriveCAN before they board their flight. This includes travel and contact information, quarantine plan (unless exempted under conditions set out in the Mandatory Isolation Order)( https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php…), and COVID-19 symptom self-assessment.
– Travellers must be ready to show their ArriveCAN receipt when seeking entry into Canada; a border services officer will verify that they have submitted their information digitally.
– Travellers who do not submit the required information digitally before boarding their flight could be subject to enforcement action, which can range from verbal warnings to $1,000 fine.
– Exceptions will be made for those unable to submit documents electronically due to personal circumstances, such as disability or inadequate infrastructure.
Post-entry to Canada:
– As of November 21, 2020, travellers who enter Canada by air, land or marine modes, unless exempted under conditions set out in the Mandatory Isolation Order, will also be required to submit information through ArriveCAN or by calling the 1-833-641-0343 toll-free number during their quarantine or isolation period. Within 48 hours of entering Canada, travellers must confirm they have arrived at their place of quarantine or isolation and those in quarantine must complete a daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessment during their quarantine period.
– Travellers who don’t use ArriveCAN to submit their information before entering Canada will be required to call the 1-833-641-0343 toll-free number on a daily basis throughout their quarantine or isolation period to provide their post-border information. They will not be able to revert to using ArriveCAN.
– Travellers who do not submit the mandatory information required after they have crossed the border will be considered a high priority for follow-up by law enforcement.
The ArriveCAN app is available for download on:
Google Play ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details… ) for Android.
App Store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/canarrive/id1505394667?mt=8) for iOS.
Travellers can also submit their information by signing in online (https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/privacy).
For additional information, please consult the following page: Canada.ca/ArriveCAN (https://www.canada.ca/…/coronavirus-disease…/arrivecan.